Quick Fruit Salad
1 apple, cored and chopped
1 large orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-sized
1/2 cups seedless grapes
1 nectarine, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
6 tablespoons plain low-fat yogart
- In a mixing bowl combine apple, orange, grapes, and nectarine.
- Pour enough fresh juice to coat and prevent oxidation. Toss and refrigerate.
- Serve with dollop of low-fat yogart
Carrot, Rasin, Apple Salad
Prep: 10 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
1/2 pound carrots, shredded
1/3 cup golden raisins
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/3 cup plain yogart
1 teaspoon honey
1 dash cinnamon
1/3 cup diced apples
- Combine carrots, raisins, mayonnaise, yogart, honey, apples and cinnamon, if desired in a small bowl. Once thoroughly mixed together chilled for several hours or overnight. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
4 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, minced
3 (3/4 inch thick) slices French bread, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and dry. Check frequently to prevent burning. Cool.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
1/3 head iceberg lettuce – rinsed, dried, and chopped
4 slices of bacon
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup croutons
1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- Place bacon a large deep skillet. Cover over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Place lettuce in small serving bowls. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Scatter 3 croutons on top in each bowl.
- Place one tomato wedge in each bowl. Drizzle with favorite salad dressing.
Plain Baked Potato
Prep: 3 minutes
Cook: 1 hour 30 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees c)
- Scrub the potato and prick it with a fork to prevent steam from building up and causing potato to explode.
- Bake for 11/2 hours.