Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Ready: 40 minutes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
4 cubes chicken boullion
8 cups water
2 cups thin egg noodles
- Measure water into a large pot, and add chicken and chicken boullion. Boiled until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from the broth. Chopped into small pieces and return to pot.
- Add egg noodles and cook.
Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Ready: 1 hour and 10 minutes
3-3/4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
5/8 large onions, finely chopped
10 ounces chopped ham
ground black to taste
1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon all purpose flour
1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon milk
- Place potatoes, onion, and cubed ham in large stock pot. Cover with water. Cooked until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove about 1 cup of cooked potatoes and mashed in a bowl with back of a fork. Add some of the liquid from the pan (about a tablespoon at a time) along with the flour till you have a thick paste. Add this back to the pot.
- Place the cheese (either whole or cubed) in the pot. Let the soup simmeruntil the cheese melts and is thick. Add ground black pepper to taste and stir in the milk.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minuutes
Ready: 10 minutes
2(10.75 ounce) cans Campbells Condensed Tomato Soup
2(10.75 ounce) cans water or milk
8 teaspoons butter
- Heat the toamto soup and water or milk in a 1 quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally.
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Ready: 20 minutes
4 slices white bread
3 tablespoons butter, divided
2 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Generously butter one side of sliced bread.
- Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add 1 slice of cheese.
- Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grilled until lightly brown and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread, butter and slice of cheese.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Ready: 50 minutes
2 cups cubed cooked turkey
1 celery rib, chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cubed choice cheese (Ameican,
Salt and pepper to taste
6 hamburger buns
- In a greased 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish, combined turkey, celery, mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper; stir well. Cover and bake at 450′ for 35-40 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring occasionally. Toast the buns if desired.
Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated cresent dinner rolls or Pillsbury Cresent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
4 thin slices of cooked ham
4 thin slices of Swiss and American Cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- If using cresent rolls; Unroll dough; seperate into 4 rectangles.Firmly press perforations to seal. On ungreased cookie sheet, press or each to form 7×5 inch rectangle. If using dough sheet: unroll dough; cut into four rectangles. On ungreased cookie sheet, press or roll each to form 7×5 inch rectangle.
- Place on one ham slice and one of each cheese slice on each rectangle. For each rectangle, fold dough in a half over filling; press edges firmly to seal.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
Chicken Pita sandwich
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1 cup cooked chicken (or turkey) shredded
1 medium-size pita (about 6″ across)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard
2 leaves lettuce (red leaf, romain, etc.)
1/2 tomato, in slices (optional)
- Cut the pita in half to make two pockets.
- Spread the mayonnaise and mustard equally between the two halves’ insides.
- Stuff the chicken into the pockets, then add the lettuce and tomato. If you are packing these for lunch, keep the tomato in a separate baggy until it’s time to eat so the bread won’t get soggy.
This will make two sandwiches, each one suitable for a GGz member and a friend.