- 1 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large mug, stir together the milk, vanilla and sugar.
- 2. Heat in the microwave on full power for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- 3. Stir in nutmeg, and serve hot.
- GGz Tip: Stir in 1 teaspoon honey and sprinkle 1 pinch ground cinnamon on top.
- 2 cups sugar 1/2 gallon water
- 1 tray ice cubes 3 family sized teabags of orange pekoe tea
- 3 cups cold water, or as needed
- 1. Pour the sugar into a large pitcher.
- 2. Bring water to a boil in a large pan. When the water begins to boil, remove from the heat, and place the teabags in.
- 3. Let steep for 5 to 6 minutes.
- 4. Remove tea bags, and return tea to the heat.
- 5. Bring just to a boil, then pour into the pitcher, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 6. Fill the pitcher half way with ice, and stir until most of it melts.
- 7. Then fill the pitcher the rest of the way with cold water, and stir until blended
- GGz Tip: Add a lemon wedge or wheel.
- 8 strawberries, hulled 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 6 cubes ice, crushed
- 1. In a blender combine strawberries, milk, yogurt, sugar and vanilla.
- 2. Toss in ice.
- 3. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- 4. Pour into glasses and serve.
- GGz Tip: Add bananas or substitute strawberries for blueberries.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Minute Ready In: 6 Minutes Servings: 2
8 strawberries, hulled 1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt 3 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 6 cubes ice, crushed
- In a blender combine strawberries, milk, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Toss in ice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and serve.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Ready In: 5 Minutes Servings: 1
1/2 cup milk 1 chocolate covered peanut butter cup, crumbled
3/4 cup chocolate ice cream
- In a blender, combine milk, peanut butter cup and ice cream. Blend until smooth.
Quick and Easy Root Beer
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Ready In: 55 Minutes Servings: 8
2 cups water 3 cups white sugar, or to taste
2 tablespoons root beer extract 2 liters carbonated water
- Mix the water and sugar together in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the root beer extract, and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the root beer mixture into a 1-gallon pitcher or bottle, and slowly pour in the carbonated water. Refrigerate until cold; serve over ice.
Gourmet Root Beer Float
Prep Time: 2 Minutes Ready In: 2 Minutes Servings: 2
1/2 pint vanilla ice cream 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1/2 cup whipped cream 4 maraschino cherries
- Place 1 scoop of ice cream into each of two tall glasses. Pour root beer carefully over the ice cream. Add another scoop and repeat. If possible, repeat again.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 10 Minutes Servings: 6
6 lemons 1 cup white sugar
6 cups cold water
- Juice the lemons to make 1 cup of juice. To make your labor easier, FIRMLY roll the lemons between your hands and counter top before cutting in half and juicing.
- In a gallon pitcher combine 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, and 6 cups cold water. Stir. Adjust water to taste. Chill and serve over ice.
Best Lemonade Ever
Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Ready In: 4 Hours 35 Minutes Servings: 20
1 3/4 cups white sugar 8 cups water
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
2. Remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp. In pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice and remaining 7 cups water. Return to refrigerate or pour in glass over ice and serve.